AVOL Kentucky’s continuum of service is focused on the following areas:
- Outreach to persons at-risk, harm reduction education and HIV, Hepatitis C, and other STI screenings
- Other health screenings, connectivity to available health, medical and pharmacy programs, and empowerment education
- Crisis alleviation and support for stable housing
- Increased access to quality and affordable housing for persons who are medically vulnerable
- Connectivity to substance use treatment
- Ensuring ongoing connectivity to medical care, pharmacy, nutrition, wellness, and empowerment services
By achieving lower levels of HIV in the body of the person living with HIV, the risk that the virus will spread to others is greatly reduced. AVOL’s continuum of services contributes to this extremely important health outcome.
Our prevention and education services are based on the fact that HIV is 100% preventable, and that 13% of people living with HIV do not know their status. AVOL estimates that 3,000 individuals in central and eastern Kentucky are living with HIV. We can help you know your status and we connect you to PrEP, a once daily pill that can prevent HIV transmission. We can also provide you with free prevention supplies.
Our Client Services are open every Monday through Thursday, 9 AM to 5 PM, and Fridays from 9 AM to 1 PM.
Our Prevention Services are open without appointment on Monday and Wednesday, from 3 PM to 8 PM, and on Thursday from 3 PM to 6 PM. All other times by appointment, call (859)225-3000 x30 to schedule.